I have a holiday gift for you! Two actually! The first is a recipe for these sinfully delicious Peppermint Chocolate Covered Brownies. Yum! And the second is a holiday discount if you sign up to work with me. Bonus!!
I made the brownies last Tuesday with kids at my son’s school. They are delicious and packed with goodness…which I know sounds like a TOTAL LIE. But it’s not. I promise. The brownie base is simply walnuts, almonds, flax seeds, dates and raw cocoa powder – a wonderful combination of healthy fats, protein, carbs and fiber! And chocolate topping is cocoa butter, raw cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract and peppermint extract or essential oil. A little bit of gluten-free, sugar-free and dairy-free h-e-a-v-e-n.
The only truly sinful part is the candy cane topping which honestly you can omit. I topped mine off with the Wholesome Organic Christmas Candy Canes (available at Target and Good Earth) that contain no corn syrup or Red 40 color dye. I only added a sprinkling to give them a little more holiday sparkle.
These are great treats to bring to your next holiday party or to have as your holiday treat around the house. We’ve been snacking on these this week and I brought a fresh batch to a Winter Solstice get-together we had on Friday with friends.
We celebrated the Winter Solstice with friends. The kids made lanterns to welcome in the light into the darkness and we made wishes for what we wanted to release and let go.
The Winter Solstice and the New Year got me thinking of you and what you might be ready to release and let go… the weight, the migraines, the irregular cycles, the fatigue, the chronic hot flashes, the mad rushes to the loo or maybe just overall malaise.
If you are ready welcome in some light into your darkness – some ease into your dis-ease, then here’s my second gift for you – 10% off my 2018 rates if you sign up in December. You can book a 15-minute free appointment here for this week.
If you can’t make the commitment in December, don’t worry. You can lock in 2018 rates by scheduling your free 15-minute chat with me for January.
My rates are going up next year so if you’ve been thinking about working with me, now is the time to act. Set up your 15-minute appointment now and let’s chat in January. I’m excited to help you shed some light on what’s been ailing you.
Oh, almost forgot! Here’s the recipe…
Peppermint Chocolate Brownies
3/4 cup raw walnuts
3/4 cup raw almonds
½ cup flax seeds
¼ tsp. sea salt
2 cup dates, pitted (if dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes then drain)
4 tbsp. or 1/4 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Add walnuts, almonds and flax seeds to food processor – process to a powder – DO NOT over process – you do not want a paste/butter.
2. Add the raw cacao powder and sea salt and pulse to combine. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
3. Add the dates to the food processor and process until small bits remain. Add 1-2 tbsp. of hot water if dates are too hard.
4. Add nut mixture back into food processor and process until it all sticks together like dough.
5. Transfer to a 8×8 parchment lined baking dish. Press down using a sheet of parchment until brownies are flat and firm. (The parchment let’s you set the shape and allows you to easily pull the brownies out and cut to desired size.)
6. Place in fridge for 10-15 min to set.
Homemade Peppermint Chocolate
1/2 cup cocoa butter (100g)
1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2-4 drops of peppermint essential oil or ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
Pinch sea salt
½ Wholesome Organic Christmas Candy Cane, crushed (optional)
1. In a double boiler, melt cocoa butter. Transfer melted butter to a mixing bowl.
2. Add cocoa powder and whisk to blend.
3. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, peppermint and sea salt. Whisk again to blend.
5. Pour chocolate on top of brownies. Spread evenly. Sprinkle crushed candy canes (optional).
6. Place in fridge to cool for 10-15 minutes until hardened.
7. Take brownies out of pan by pulling up on the parchment. With a sharp knife, cut to desired sized squares.