I can’t believe we are well into fall. You know how much I love fall – the weather, the colors, the food… it always brings a smile to my face.
A new season also brings another opportunity to do a seasonal detox. With this in mind, I am excited to announce my fall 5-day detox – The (Peri-) Menopause Detox. It will have two start dates: October 16 and October 23. And as the name implies, this one will focus on Peri-menopause and Menopause.
Peri- menopause has been coming up more and more in my circle of friends as many of us enter our 40’s and 50’s. I thought it would be helpful to include some tips and foods that help bring relief from menopausal symptoms as part of this 5-day detox.
During the detox, I’ll be holding a special call titled Unknown Secrets to Outsmart (Peri-) Menopause, where I will be sharing how to balance your hormones naturally, the most important organs to nourish during (peri-) menopause and the key foods and supplements to find balance.
The information from the call will be sprinkled throughout the detox so you can put it into practice immediately.
While menopause is technically when you have not had your period for a year, your body starts undergoing changes as early as your 30’s and these changes may not stop until you are well into your 50’s. The period between your 30’s and 50‘s is called pre- or peri-menopause. Technically, ‘peri-menopause’ is the 1-2 years before your periods stop but it is also used to mean the broader pre-menopause period. For my purposes, I used it to mean the boarder pre-menopause phase.
After puberty, most women enjoy a steady ebb and flow of hormone levels during the ‘reproductive years’ of their 20‘s & 30’s. During pre-menopause, however, you can get some pretty wild fluctuations which results in menopausal symptoms. Post menopause the steady ebb and flow of hormones returns albeit at lower levels.
Every woman’s pre-menopause is different. If you are one of the lucky ones, you may not be feeling it at all. But more likely than not, you are. You may be noticing changes in your cycle – heavier periods, lighter periods, more PMS, night sweats or hot flashes. You may notice an increase in depression, brain fog or migraines. And/or you may notice you’ve been buying jeans a size larger every year. Sigh…
Hormone balance is a complicated web of activities in the body. There is no one magic pill, supplement or herb that will make all your symptoms go away overnight but there are steps you can take that will bring you more into balance and give you relief from your symptoms.
Here are 5 ways you can find relief.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Water helps flush out toxins and excess hormones that can cause imbalances.
- Nourish your liver by eating plenty of vegetables like beets and kale. These vegetables are full of fiber and nutrients needed to help your liver do it’s detoxification process more efficiently.
- Nourish your adrenals by cutting down on stress where possible. That means saying ‘No” to more. The closer we are to menopause the more your adrenals take the key role in hormone production. If you are overly stressed, your adrenals will be too overworked to produce what you need.
- Create a nighttime routine where you go to bed at a regular time, preferable before 10pm. Hormone cycles are tied to day and night circadian rhythms. Give your body a break and don’t fight this.
- Avoid inflammatory foods like gluten, dairy, coffee and alcohol. These foods affect your ability to digest other foods properly as well as prohibit your liver from detoxing efficiently.
These steps are not difficult once you plan them and integrate them into your everyday life. Join me for this detox and I’ll give you all the tools you need to implement them in 5 – days. Choose your start date October 16 or October 23 and feel the difference. Click here to register.